Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mile High City

So I'm here in Denver, what a small, boring city. After two days of exploring, I'm already bored. Chicago spoils me, that's for sure. I've been job searching and I start my internship tomorrow. Transportation to Boulder is an issue, but we'll figure it out. I have to learn to drive manual, which should be interesting.

I have my own condo here, though it has no internet, a tv with 2 channels, no furniture besides a table, some random chairs, and an air mattress. I made a dresser out of cardboard boxes. Tonight I'm decorating, but here's what my humble abode looks like.
I spend my free time sitting on my balcony looking at the mountains on the phone with people. I need to make friends but that's hard when I don't have a job or a reason to talk to people.

Everyone here looks a lot younger than they are. I keep looking for people my age to possibly start a conversation and they end up being married or older. It's strange. And it seems like everyone here is in a relationship or married. I have seen very few young people walk around or shop by themself. It's always a couple. Just an interesting observation.

Basically, I'm lonely and a little depressed. I'm excited for the opportunities that lie ahead here, but I'm also really nervous.

1 comment:

retroclash said...

You'll be okay, bitch. Keep calling my ass. Sadly, this may be in issue when I am in London but I'll figure out some skype shit and I have a calling card. So we'll be good.

Minimalist this summer, I see.

love you.