Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A modern girl.

I explored the upper level of the British Museum this afternoon after classes. I could be in there for at least a week. There is just an immense amount of collections and it's very fascinating. Good story: I was looking at the directory and this middle-aged British man that works there comes up to me and asks me if I need any help finding anything. I said no and that I was just looking at the map. He then asked me where I was from, why I was in London, what I was studying and then ended our conversation with, *insert stuffy Brit accent* "Well, if I may say, you are splendid looking young woman. If you need any help at all, please ask me and I'll be at your service." ....I almost died. It was so funny. I didn't know whether to be creeped out that this 55 year old was hitting on me or totally amused because it came out so cute in that accent and general manner of presentation that a British elder man has. ..."lawl?"

Typical London housing on side streets.

The Tube from South Kensington station.

Mummies?


Michelangelo.


But now I stand on honest ground,
alexis

No comments: