Monday, June 11, 2007

And you can come on over to my place if you want to.

So one week down, 7 to go. The first week here in Denver was rough. I'm getting used to my cousins and this strange southwest way of life. Meeting people is the hardest, though. I need friends because without other people my age, I'm really depressed. I sit on my balcony, staring at the mountains, and talking to friends from home on the phone. Without them, I'd be insane already.

My best night so far was Sunday though. Kevin and his friend Nick passed through Denver on their way to Utah.

We walked around the city, went to Wahoo's Fish Tacos, played pool, swam a bit, watched Dosage, then they fell asleep. My allergies and freight trains kept me up for a bit, and all of us ended up staying up talking before falling back asleep until the morning. Monday, we got up, I made them coffee, they drove me to the GoLite photoshoot and they were on their way. It was nice to have some people to hang out with. I'm still working on making other friends here.

Today Wade and I went up to the Bailey mountain house to get the car. It's a 1986 Audi, manual transmission. What an interesting ride home. I got highway driving down fine. It's the city driving with stop lights and all that give me trouble. Once I get that down, though, I should be good to go.

Two younger people from the the GoLite office offered to take me out in Boulder some time. It's really nice of them and I'm looking forward to it. They said they know of some dive bars in the area to get me into and we'll go out for a bit. In addition to that, this weekend, Sue, Wade, and I are going to Taos, New Mexico for some run and some hiking and climbing. The weekend after that, I'm hoping to go out to Utah to join Kevin and Nick, if I can. Things are getting better slowly. Now I just need friends (and maybe a job) and I'll be fine.

1 comment:

retroclash said...

that audi is some hot shit, yo.