Sunday, July 22, 2007

Thoughts and a latte.

I have been in Colorado for a month and a half, about. To think back to when I first got here, it seems like 6 months ago- at least. Riding my bike, trying to find the bike path and getting ridiculously lost, wading around the library, downtown Denver, my constant search for wireless, sitting in Market Street Station Park trying to find a signal from Mario's, my constant search for social interation and a friend, playing pool by myself in the condo, it all seems so long ago.

In just a month or so I have become much more independent and okay with solitude. I've becoming more comfortable with voicing my thoughts and speaking up (though I could stand to do it more). I am okay with being on my own and enjoying the company of myself. I have learned a lot about myself, what I want, and what I need. I have set myself up and gotten hurt, smoked pot, had a rocky mountain hangover, ran 5ks, met family I never even knew existed, and whitewater tubed.

If I could go back and do things differently, would I? Of course- but not much. And that's what matters. 3 weeks from today, I'll be coming home- unpacking from this trip and packing to move to the city. I'll have experienced my first (and hopefully not my last) OR. And my future will be open for whatever I want to.

Once again, I was proven: You can never have expectations and you can never take anyone or anything at face value. Things are never what they seem.

And to lighten the mood and actually include a picture in this photoblog.... my new shoes!

No comments: