Monday, July 2, 2007

Date with the night.

Of all the boys I've known, and I've known some!
Until I first met you, I was lonesome
And when you came in sight, dear, my heart grew light
And this old world seemed new to me
You're really swell, I have to admit you
Deserve expressions that really fit you
And so I've racked my brain, hoping to explain
All the things that you do to me

Where on earth have all the gentlemen gone? Someone, really, explain this to me. Here I am listening to the Andrew Sisters, reminiscing to a time that wasn't even mine. I am envious of my father and very glad I grew up dancing with him in the living room to this music. I remember swing dancing as a baby, for the most part, in front of the record player that now resides in my basement [which I plan to steal to Chicago in August]. You know, before he turned into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
I am dancing with myself and maybe that is supposed to make me smile.

Progressively, I am molding into some sort of absinthe connoisseur. I bought Blanche de Fougerolles 74 today for my impending birthday. Clear absinthe, obviously 74 proof. I do not know if that is so healthy for one person. Ah well.


I really like the Imperial War Museum, Camden Town, and Alkaline Trio's version of Lucretia My Reflection is rather good, surprisingly so. That is about all.

Camden Town.

Go team.


Tower Bridge.

Dylan tells me I would love Boston. Hm. Well, hello Joe, what'dya know? I just got back from a vaudeville show!

Kill me, cupcake,
alexis.

No comments: