Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of a Damn Good Cup of Coffee

So I did a 4 mile race this morning, did it in 48 minutes. For most runners out there, that's probably shit time, but before getting out here, the last time I ran was in 7th grade really. Oh well, it's all about what I can do personally, not what others can do. So go me!

While I was running I was thinking how both Alexis and I are spending our 4th of July's in very different situations: her in the country of which we are celebrating getting away from and me in a very patriotic, back to basics area of the country. It's all about the land and the past here. And both places celebrate in their own unique ways. It's kind of overwhelming, actually, so much to do. I hoped I would have some people to celebrate this day with, but instead I'm sitting in a bookstore blogging, later we will have buffalo burgers, and probably watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Movies in bed, USA USA! Maybe I'll get a latte and some ice cream too.

On that topic, I found the best latte ever the other day. I had a french silk waffle cone and a milky way latte. Chocolate, caramel, vanilla, and something else, oh my. I might go get one now!

No comments: