Sunday, August 5, 2007

we float take life as it comes

So today is my last day in Denver. Tomorrow I take off for Salt Lake City at 7:15 am. I've been too busy packing, sorting, going crazy to even stop and understand what's happening. This week as a whole has been insane. As the "oh my gosh I have a week left" feeling kept hitting me, I would realize all the things I had to do and freak out. I am still leaving without doing everything I wanted to, but I'll live without a few more hikes under my belt.

What has been going on this past week you ask? Well, Jay and I hung out a lot. I basically lived at the office getting everything ready for OR. Had more drama than anyone needs at any time of their life. I went to Sue's doc in an attempt to fix my spasming back, ended up with painkiller/ muscle relaxants. I worked a 10K/ triathalon for GoLite yesterday then went shopping then packed til 1am. All on 2 hours of sleep! And today I am packing like crazy, shipping home boxes, getting my haircut, doing last minute shopping, getting a last lunch with Sue and Wade, then living up my last night here with Jay. I'll also do the traditional going around taking pictures of everything I've recognized as home for the last two months.

As I left the office on Friday, it hit me that this is the last time (at least as an intern, we never know what the future holds) I'll walk through those doors, past that giant sign, stand face to face with the Flatirons, be familiar with Gunbarrel. After packing like crazy all day, my boss, Colin and I stopped and looked at each other, "this is it? we're really done?" we said to each other in complete disbelief. It was a surreal feeling. With that, I walked out of the office for the last time and got a little teary-eyed. That's when I realized that my summer here is over. Colorado is now a thing of my past.

This next week is going to be insane. I'm expecting to be completely overwhelmed and blown away. I have some appointments lined up with rock climbing companies. And some really kick ass parties. It'll be a good time, though pardon my MIA status until next Sunday. I won't have time to breathe, let alone sleep or be on the computer.

Coming back to Chicago will be bittersweet, but so welcome. I've waited to be back in the city for two and a half months. There are so many things I want to do, but as soon as I get home, I have to pack up and move to my apartment in the city. Let's not dwell on that now. I have plenty to get through before I get back to sweet home, Chicago.

No comments: